Monday, January 1, 2018

Summer 2017

2017 has been such a good year for us that apparently I couldn't get any blog updates done! :) But I am still going to work on recording all the fun memories we have made. 

My last post left off in the middle of all our summer fun. Here is what the rest of our summer looked like... Fun times with friends for both kids and their cousins!


Of course, there was plenty of zoo time including enjoying the new splash park.

The kids LOVED the new addition to our zoo, the Children's Adventure Trails!

Jack spent a week at Hummel Day Camp. This was his 2nd year and he enjoyed it just as much as last year! Even though he earned the muddiest camper award again this year, he didn't come home nearly as muddy as the first year!

We took a family trip with my sister and her girls to the Sarpy County Fair in August. We reminisced about our childhood fair days and the kids greatly enjoyed the midway!

This is old news... but I said good-bye to the Rav4, which was kind of hard to do. We bought a Honda CR-V in April and enjoyed traveling in it throughout the summer!

And as the calendar usually falls, I enjoyed my birthday right before the start of the school year.  I was spoiled with homemade cards, a Lego version of me doing my workout (a favorite gift), and the kids doing a "38" workout with me! Then the school year started and a former student spoiled me even more!

Lastly, here are some random pics of our spunky girl throughout the summer with various adventures!

Then... it was the start of another school year! Jack started 4th grade and Maddy was into kindergarten. Jack wants to be an engineer or baseball player and Maddy wants to be a geologist or scientist!

First Day of School ~ I took the morning off to take part in the traditional first day of school donuts. And, then they were off to start the year. They are getting so big!  Time literally feels like it is flying by. 

No comments: